West Holt Health Ministries
PARISH NURSE - Faith Community Nurse
* A Health Educator
* A Personal Health Counselor
* A Coordinator of Volunteers
* A Liaison with Community Health Organizations (collaboration/referral)
* A Clarifier of the Relationship between Faith and Health
What is a Parish Nurse?
Following the example of Christ, the proclamation of the Gospel and care for the earthly needs of those who are hurting go hand in hand. The parish nurse is a vital, contemporary expression of this mercy and compassion in the church.
Parish Nurses are actively licensed registered nurses with additional training in holistic ministry. Their responsibilities may include:
* Offer health screenings and services
* Provide classes on health and safety issues.
* Facilitate supports groups
* Coordinate health fairs
Personal Health Counseling:
* Encourage body, mind and spirit
Liaison to Community Health Resources:
* Make referrals, when needed, to health-care providers and social services
Coordinator of Volunteers:
* Help with food pantries, help as needed for any event that West Holt Health ministries is involved in. Coordinate the volunteers to help with the events.
Integrator of Faith and Healing:
* Provide resources for health care decision making within the community.
* Assist pastoral staff with parishioner visit and in providing support for caregivers.
"By this we know love, that (Christ) laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and see his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth" 1 John 3:16-18 ESV
For more information, please contact Betsy Raymer, RN at 402-340-4123 or call West Holt Health Ministries.